Best Joint Supplement for Runner’s Knee
by Abhishek Chauhan
The knee is the largest and also the most complex joint in the human body. Any pain in and around this joint can significantly affect the mobility of a person. Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome (PFPS), more simply known as runner's knee, is a common problem among athletes, especially younger people and women. However, this condition is also found in non-sportspersons. The pain caused by runner's knee can be quite severe and can badly affect the quality of life.
This is where a joint supplement for runner's knee becomes important as it helps to manage pain and restore mobility.
Causes of Runner's Knee
Running is one of the main causes of runner’s knee, hence the name of the condition. However, a runner’s knee can arise from any repetitive activity that includes skiing, cycling, soccer, jumping rope, or even walking. Persistent stress on the knee joint results in this painful condition. Research shows that a runner’s knee is more common among older women, especially if they have been running for years.
Some of the reasons that can lead to a runner’s knee are:
- Excessive use
- Injury or trauma of the knee cap
- Dislocation of kneecap or misalignment
- Flat feet
- Thickening of the joint lining
Glucosamine for Runner’s Knee
Cartilage is the rubbery cushioning tissue between the bones in joints. The cartilage safeguards the bone surface at their meeting points and keeps them from scraping against one another when we move.
When the cartilage breaks down or is damaged, any movement that involves the particular joint can cause pain. In the knees, the cartilage can be found:
- Covering the top of the shin bone
- At the bottom of the thigh bone
- In the back of the knee cap
The amino sugar Glucosamine has long been associated with joint pain relief. This amino sugar is produced by the human body and is necessary for healthy cartilage.
Glucosamine builds and repairs the damaged cartilage. But when age or other factors damage or break down the cartilage, it becomes necessary to help the body by taking supplements of this essential amino sugar. Replenishing glucosamine through knee joint supplements for runner’s knee helps repair the cartilage and reduce the pain caused by the condition.
An interesting bonus of using vitamins for runner’s knee was discovered in a research published in BMJ. In the study that involved more than 46500 adults, a 15% reduced risk of cardiovascular disease was observed among glucosamine supplement users. Taking glucosamine knee joint supplements for runner’s knee may reduce the risk of stroke by 9% and coronary heart disease by 18%.
Also Read- Joint Supplements for Diabetics
Is Glucosamine the Best Knee Supplement for Runner's Knee?
Glucosamine has definitely proven to be useful for treating stiffness in the joints. According to research, the vitamin, in supplement form, has other benefits like:
- It reduces pain in the joints and thus improves the quality of life.
- It also improves joint mobility, which leads to more independence for the individual suffering from runner’s knee.
- It reduces the progression of cartilage degeneration and thus ensures that the pain does not intensify quickly.
- It lessens the need for invasive procedures like joint replacement by helping manage the condition safely and easily.
These research-backed factors make glucosamine vitamins a popular choice among the different knee supplements for runner’s knee.
How to Choose the Best Joint Supplement for Runner's Knee?
Choosing the best supplements for runner’s knee is quite a challenge because these supplements are not evaluated by the FDA. However, PhysioFlexPro makes this process easy for you by bringing the best joint supplement for runner’s knee to your doorstep. Here’s why a glucosamine based joint support supplement from PhysioFlexPro is ideal for you:
- With different supplemental vitamins for runner’s knee available today, it is important to choose the one that comes from a brand that has expertise in the field. PhysioFlexPro is a well-known brand in this niche and the product is also physio-approved.
- PhysioFlexPro supplements for runner’s knee are made from best grade, GMO-free ingredients with zero additives, making them completely safe for use.
- PhysioFlexPro is made in an FDA-registered and cGMP-certified facility.
Choosing the right joint supplement for runner’s knee can make all the difference. Using a product that physiotherapists prescribe for their patients ensures effective results. With supplements from PhysioFlexPro, you can easily resolve the runner’s knee condition and get your life back on track!