Have you been feeling occasional discomfort or pain while walking or climbing stairs that doesn’t get better with rest? If yes, then maybe it’s time to pay attention to your joints. Get the best OTC joint supplement bundle here.
Besides getting a formal diagnosis, complementary therapies have great potential to ease joint pain and improve joint health in the long run. One of the most important components of these therapies is including high-quality joint pain OTC supplements in your diet.
What Is Joint Pain and Why Do You Get It?
Imagining your body without joints is difficult. All it would be is a disconnected structure of bones devoid of any movement. Joints are places where two bones meet. They not only allow the body to be flexible but also support your body’s weight.
Joints are complex structures made up of cartilage, which is a flexible but extremely strong connective tissue that protects the ends of the bones. When this cartilage starts to wear down, it loses its ability to absorb shocks while the body moves.
The World Health Organization says that approximately 1.71 billion people suffer from musculoskeletal conditions worldwide, with osteoarthritis being a major contributor to joint pain. This pain may be mild or severe and even feel like a throbbing or burning sensation in the joints.
How Do OTC Supplements Work?
Your body needs chondroprotective agents to protect the articular cartilage and prevent or reverse the impact of osteoarthritis. Two of the most important compounds that help promote joint health are glucosamine and chondroitin (see also 'Is Chondroitin Good For Joints?').
Though these compounds are found in the body, studies say that as we age, the body’s ability to produce these gets impaired. Add to it the fact that there are no known food sources for these two compounds.
This is why OTC joint supplements are critical for joint health. Taking the right supplements can complement your line of treatment and offer better and faster relief.
How To Choose The Best OTC Supplement For Joint Pain?
With the overwhelming number of OTC supplements in the market, how do you choose the best one for yourself? This can be ascertained by knowing:
- If the company is credible.
- If the product follows stringent quality measures
- The particular OTC supplement for joint pain contains a range of joint-supporting ingredients
- If it is approved by the FDA
One supplement that checks all the boxes is Physio Flex Pro. It is made using lab-tested A-grade ingredients that are extracted from natural sources. The supplement contains Glucosamine, Chondroitin Sulfate, Selenium, Bromelain, Turmeric Extract, and more and comes with a cGMP approval.
Also Read: Chondroitin: A Supplement for Osteoarthritis
How Are OTC Joint Supplements Beneficial?
According to studies, the global market for bone and joint health supplements was estimated at $ 9.9 billion in 2020. It is expected to be around $14.7 billion by 2027. This speaks volumes not just about people’s trust in OTC arthritis supplements but also about how effective they are.
Here is why you should consider taking joint health supplements:
- Joint supplements promote cartilage protection and repair after trauma or injury. This reduces joint stiffness and pain.
- Chronic inflammation has been found to increase the risk of osteoarthritis along with other serious systemic conditions such as type-2 diabetes, cancer, chronic kidney diseases, and cardiovascular problems. Research has shown supplements with glucosamine and chondroitin to have anti-inflammatory effects by reducing the concentration of C-reactive protein.
- Obesity and the stress it causes on the weight-bearing joints is one of the major risk factors for osteoarthritis. Studies have demonstrated that people who included glucosamine supplements in their diet regularly for joint health reported a significant decrease in their body mass.
- By actively treating joint pain and stiffness, OTC supplements help improve quality of life. They make you more active and productive while letting you do things that you enjoy.
- Since they are made with natural ingredients, these supplements are considered safer than OTC joint medications. When taken in the appropriate dosage, they cause no side effects or chemical imbalances in the body.
Supporting joint health becomes critical as we age to prevent painful conditions like arthritis later in life. A preventive whole-body approach that includes seeing your orthopedic doctor frequently, staying hydrated, reducing weight, and consuming a good diet is critical for joint health. For extra relief, OTC supplements for joint pain with good quality ingredients may also be necessary. With ample research-backed benefits as mentioned above, OTC joint supplements help in doing just that and help you lead a healthier and happier life.