What Are the Benefits of Chondroitin Glucosamine MSM?
Glucosamine, MSM, and Chondroitin are the most popular supplements taken for arthritic pain. This is a debilitating ailment that is more commonly found in women. According to the CDC, 1 in 4 adults in the U.S. suffers from this condition. That means 58.5 million Americans suffer from the pain and mobility impairment that this condition causes. Given this, it is no surprise that among the adult population, there is a great demand for supplements that can help manage this disease and the resulting pain.
Studies show that among American adults with arthritis, 62.5% consume supplements to help with the condition. Older adults are more likely to be taking supplements and the study shows that it is more common in adults aged above 50. Among the different types of supplements (see also 'SRS Omega Pro - Advanced Omega 3 Supplement'), glucosamine chondroitin with MSM is known to benefit this health condition and hence it is now a popular combination to use.
Benefits of Glucosamine Chondroitin With MSM
Each of these compounds has its own benefits that help with arthritis. In combination, the individual enjoys all the benefits of the three with one single supplement.
1. Glucosamine: This compound occurs in the body naturally and helps maintain and renew the tough tissue that keeps the joints pain-free and mobile. When this tissue wears down, joint movements cause pain and joints become stiff resulting in conditions like osteoarthritis. glucosamine is one of the most popular supplements for osteoarthritis-related issues. This compound, especially glucosamine sulfate is found to be useful for:
- Reduction of the pain caused by osteoarthritis
- Slowing down the disease progression of knee osteoarthritis
2. Chondroitin: Another naturally occurring substance, chondroitin is a sugar chain that helps the body by:
- Sustaining joint flexibility
- Reducing pain and inflammation from arthritis
- Keeping cartilage healthy
This is a supplement that is often combined with Glucosamine and studies have shown that it results in a reduction in the symptoms of osteoarthritis.
3. MSM or Methylsulfonylmethane: A building block for our bones and joints, MSM is a natural form of sulfur that also helps the immune system. MSM has the following benefits to offer:
- Helps reduce inflammation
- Has an antioxidant effect
- Promotes the production of collagen as well as glucosamine, which is needed for cushioning the joints
- Helps production of immunoglobulins
Also Read- Health Benefits of Glucosamine
Benefits of Glucosamine Chondroitin with MSM
We can see that each one of these compounds has a slew of benefits to offer in dealing with arthritis and related issues like pain and inflammation. Individuals suffering from similar ailments have experienced effective results from a combination of the three. There is also evidence to show that these supplements can give good effects when used in combination. In a 16-week-long, randomized study with 32 participants, Japanese researchers found that combined use of a glucosamine-based supplement with chondroitin sulfate and MSM, along with others, resulted in pain relief among the subjects.
While each of these can be found in supplement form individually, many find that glucosamine chondroitin MSM benefits the human body by addressing pain, stiffness, and inflammation issues. Thanks to the combined action of these compounds, the benefits of glucosamine chondroitin with MSM extend to promoting healthy joints, stronger muscles, and tendons.
How to Choose?
Thanks to the popularity and efficacy of glucosamine chondroitin with MSM, there are many of these supplements available on the market. However, it is in your best interests to choose reputable brands and to check the quantum of each compound in every daily dose before you start a regimen. It is important to maintain a consistent dosage to see the best results and so it is preferable to stick to one brand once you start using it.
Check Your Dosage With Your Physician
Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and MSM- each of these works best in different daily dosages so it is advisable to seek your physician’s suggestion whether you wish to take these separately or in combination. It is also highly recommended to talk to the physician before taking any kind of supplements if you suffer from conditions like diabetes (see also 'Joint Supplements for Diabetics'), high blood pressure, high sugar, or cardiovascular issues.
While the FDA does not regulate these supplements, there is research, as shown above, to show the benefits of glucosamine chondroitin with MSM (see also 'How MSM Might Help Your Arthritis?') for relief in arthritis and similar conditions. As more research is continuously being done to prove the efficacy of the compounds in this area, it is safe to take these combo supplements to eliminate discomfort and pain arising from arthritic conditions.